Home Health Services from LifeSpring

Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality of care to help you achieve your highest quality of living. In partnership with you and your physician, our caring and experienced clinicians design a home health services plan of care just for you, ensuring you and your family receive the attention and support you need. We are here to help you recover from illness, surgery or injury, and help you manage long-term conditions.

Medicare, along with many Managed Care insurances, offers 100% coverage for home health services. If Medicare is your primary insurer, there is NO COST to you. We also accept Private Pay arrangements.

Our Home Health Services Include:

  • Skilled Nursing

Our skilled nursing services are performed under the direction of your physician and are provided by registered nurses (“RN”) and licensed vocation nurses (“LVN”). A registered nurse is required to have obtained a two-year Associates degree in Nursing or a four-year Bachelor degree in Nursing from a nursing program approved by the State of Texas. A licensed vocational nurse must complete a program at an accredited vocational nursing school with at least 1,400 clock hours of training, including hands-on clinical practice. Both RNs and LVNs must then be licensed by Texas and attend continuing education classes every year.

  • Physical Therapy

Physical therapy is assistance in reducing pain, improving muscle development and restoring mobility.  Our physical therapy services are performed by a combination of licensed physical therapists (“PT”) and licensed physical therapist assistants (“PTA”) under the supervision of a PT.  A physical therapist is required to have obtained a post-graduate professional degree, usually a doctorate in physical therapy.  A physical therapist assistant must earn a two year Associates degree from an accredited physical therapist assistant program.  Both your PT and PTA must be licensed by Texas and attend continuing education classes every year.

  • Occupational Therapy

An occupational therapist (“OT”) focuses on the arms and hands to improve functional capabilities used in everyday activities, such as bathing, dressing, and eating.  Our OTs work with adults who are experiencing physical and cognitive changes due to aging or traumatic events like stroke.  An occupational therapist is required to have obtained a master’s degree in occupational therapy, be licensed by the State of Texas, and attend continuing education classes every year.

  • Speech Therapy

After an injury, accident, or stroke, a doctor may recommend speech therapy to help manage conditions that affect speech, language, eating and swallowing. A speech therapist (“ST”), formally known as a speech-language pathologist, is required to have obtained a master’s degree in speech-language pathology or audiology from a university accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation. Our speech therapist must be licensed by the State of Texas and attend continuing education classes every year.

Do you qualify for home health?

  • Registered Nurse On-Call 24/7

One of our registered nurses is available to answer your patient call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  If necessary, they will come to your home anytime, day or night.

This service is available to LifeSpring patients only.

  • Medical Social Worker

Our medical social worker (“MSW”) provides patients and their families with help to alleviate the social, financial, and psychological hardships related to adverse health issues.  They can work with you to resolve insurance issues, identify community resources available as needed and provide counseling on important decisions.  An MSW is required to have obtained a Master of Social Work degree, be licensed by the State of Texas, and attend continuing education classes every year.

  • Home Health Aide

Home health aides provide basic personal care services for patients.  They rarely provide any medical care and primarily assist with basic activities of daily living: bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, and some light housekeeping duties such as laundry, changing linens, grocery shopping, and assisting with a light meal.  A home health aide is only required to have one year of prior experience or pass a competency evaluation.

Please note: Services for medical social work and home health aide are both “dependent” services, meaning there must be a qualifying skilled service being provided first, such as skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy.

  • Post-Surgical / Injury Assistance
  • Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease